Many individuals over the age of 50 realize far too late that they will need to supplement their retirement income. A deep concern has escalated in the lack of part time jobs for senior citizens in the last few years. Did you know that in the years from 1946 to 1964 there were 76 million births? Factoring out the numbers to include deaths, immigration and other issues, an estimated 10,000 people in the United States will turn 65 each day for approximate the next 17 years.
So maybe it has finally hit you, that you are over 40 (okay over 50) you have attempted to set goals, delayed plans for those retirement years and most probably know squat concerning where you stand with your financial investments (if any). Have you even started trying to figure out if your income will be more than sufficient for your everyday retirement living expenses, to cover those dreams and all of the bills? Or will you have to find a part time job or worse continue working full time?
Baby boomers in their 60s and beyond, are feeling younger, healthier, and more aware of life situations, which leads to the majority of seniors attempting to stay in the work force competiting against someone more than half their age.
Just a few income retirement issues baby boomers ponder:
- I really don’t know if I am financially ready for retirement living.
- I have to totally depend on social security, will it be enough?
- I can’t retire on my income
- I am to old to find another job
- My employer is eliminating my position after all I did for them, now what?
- I will need to find a part time job, but who hires the boomer generation?
- Where do I begin to start look for any type of extra income source?
- Can I really supplement my retirement income?
- Where do I find help for my senior years?
I am telling you now you should just forget all of the hassle of putting together a resume, toning up on interview skills, doing an endless job search, dealing with all the pressure that comes with it. Why? Do you realize that there is an average of 150 resumes submitted for one position that is posted, and that is in the first two weeks. So how many resumes are you going to have to send out to get noticed, to beat out that 20 year old?
Employment, jobs, resumes and most certainly interviews have changed dramatically over the last 10 years and unfortunately the jobs for older individuals (I’m talking even starting in your 40’s and up) are extremely hard to find, to get noticed and to snatch that glorious job from the younger generation. So the question is why fight the overcrowded, underpaying, stressed out job seeking market?
A whole new total twist when it comes to part time jobs for senior citizens, comes down to discovery and doing it for yourself, by means of self employment, starting your own business. Now don’t freak out on me, or say that you’ve heard it all before, please keep an open mind and change your thinking while I share a few fantastic ideas with you:
3 easy part time job ideas that can totally change your world…
- Many individuals and especially boomers are making a decent part time income, selling everyday household items and varieties of extremely popular retail merchandise, and the vast amount of individuals getting involved have compared it to holding a garage sale. How hard is that?
- The world loves information. I’m not talking fluff or gossip, but they are searching for specific true form information that involves their interest. Everyday people just like yourself going into retirement or who are already there are discovering how to share their knowledge by writing about their experiences, hobbies, health, family issues, and the best part is the extra streams of income that come with it.
- Everyone has a hobby, a niche, or something they are good at, and one fantastic area that people of all ages and especially those over the age of 50, are discovering sources of income by getting involved, sharing knowledge about a hobby and having their own website! It’s not hard, again it will take some work but just keep in mind it is involving a passion that you love doing. It is true, do what you love and the money will follow.
Again don’t freak or go into denial, the suggestions here are FREE to explore and each one is a fantastic source that with some work (hey remember you were looking for a part time job) you can follow step by step instructions and have tons of support and have a non stop source of income!
Going forward into retirement take into consideration the following:
- Learn to rethink retirement, how to earn extra income, how to retire comfortably
- You have advantages that you are not aware of
- You have experience, you are savvy, you have the right mind set that maybe you should be doing something for yourself, maybe working for yourself, being your own boss.
- Do not say that you can’t do it, you can start before your actually retire, or you can most definitely work on your own success in those retirement years.
One word of caution, please be aware of the scams concerning part time jobs for senior citizens especially online and yes there are thousands of them. The point is you have to make an informatative decision to be working for yourself! Thousands of individuals over the age of 50 are discovering part time jobs for senior citizens on their own terms, are achieving fantastic results and are enjoying what they are doing. So now you just have to get started, take that first step and do it for yourself!