Ok I know what you are all saying, “what holidays?”, but believe it or not people, yes those wonderful, magical, stressed filled money grabbing holidays are fast approaching again, and for the vast majority of individuals, they do not one dollar saved. it is totally amazing to me some people will always try to figure out how to get money for the holidays while the others will just do the same thing and add it on to their credit card balances, no matter what the cost.
With the retailers behind the big push, the consumer shopping period for the holidays now starts in mid September, black Friday incentives are out before Halloween is over, and the
average person is spending at least a thousands dollars between gifts, decorating, entertaining is it no wonder. Oh, what a wonderful time of year!
Unbelievably right around the corner and fast approaching is the Halloween holiday, which by the way is almost a seven billion dollars a year business. Can you believe that retailers in the United States generated over three trillion dollars in the 2013 holiday season?
So hopefully you are not like millions of other individuals, where their money just seems to fly out the window and there is always more month than there is paydays left, or attempting to turning to the old credit card techniques of trying to buy things now with the “promise to pay them off” right after the holidays. Doesn’t this sound like last year and the year before?
“Can do” ideas on how to get money for the holidays:
- You most certainly have things sitting around the house that are not being used. Learn to recycle, and sell them off. Check out places such as Craigslist.com and Letgo.com. It is amazing what people are selling and hey, this is also an opportunity to buy things for presents, at a discounted price
- You can do work at home jobs such as freelancing such as writing, translation, marketing, design work
- Check out Feelancer.com Upwork.com or even Fiverr.com.
Here’s a few more holiday income ideas click here
- Personalized customer service help in your area are always in demand, and especially around the holidays when people need help with such things, as shopping, getting a ride somewhere, watching kids, house cleaning, decorations. Post an ad or flyer with places such as Craigslist. Your local newspaper, your community town hall, shopping area, even your church to offer your services
- Making and selling holiday crafts and personalized items such as scarfs, blankets, monogram items, can be not only a money maker but can also lead to other holiday projects, individualized parties, weddings, birthday parties. Look for craft events in your area or check with small business to see if you can sell on consignment.
- If you are really have a desire to earn extra cash and perhaps grow your own business, you can place your items on Etsy.com
- Offer your services as a driver, (not just a taxi) where you know the people and they know and trust you to get them to their destinations, shopping, long distance travel, airports, railroad stations where they can get drop off and pickup service and completely avoid the hassles of driving their own car, parking, fighting the traffic and crowds.
- If you totally cannot come up with any creative ideas for yourself then yes, employers are always looking for seasonal help at the local malls, outlet centers, and major brick and mortar businesses.
Start asking now if people would be interest in a personalized service around the holidays, make a list
Start investigating the best crafts that people are buying
You are wise to realize that the holiday season will be swooping down on us in no time.This year hopefully you make a difference, stick to a budget and figure out how to get money for the holidays to allow your holiday season to be filled with laughter, family, friends, good times and wonderful memories. And come January 1st then you don’t have to stress about those credit card bills. And with the new year comes new hope and perhaps new traditions.
Never Stop Learning….Angela